What it covers
The General Yoto Product Guarantee covers the repair or replacement (at Yoto’s discretion) of your Yoto product within 24 months from the date of original purchase:
- if it has been used in the manner intended and
- is found to be defective due to faulty materials or workmanship (excluding memory storage defects, see further below).
The Memory Storage Yoto Product Guarantee covers the repair or replacement (at Yoto’s discretion) of your Yoto product within 48 months from the date of original purchase:
- if it has been used in the manner intended, and
- is found to be defective specifically in relation to the memory storage, including “SD Fail”
If your product is out of stock and/or a repair or replacement is not possible at that time, you will be offered an alternative product (of equal or higher value). If you do not wish to accept this, when your product is back in stock we will send a replacement.
Your statutory consumer rights are not affected by this guarantee.
Yoto reserves the right to replace your faulty product by sending you a refurbished one, tested and graded.
What it doesn’t cover
- Normal wear and tear
- Accidental damage
- Damage from external sources such as transit, weather, electrical outages or power surges
- Direct or indirect faults caused by:
- Negligent use, misuse, neglect or careless operation
- Use of the Yoto product not in accordance with the user manual
- When used with other products or parts that are not part of the Yoto family
- If the product has been taken apart for any reason including attempted repairs carried out by parties other than Yoto
- Natural degradation of battery performance over time
- That Yoto products will at all times operate without interruption or error
- A transfer in guarantee is not valid in the case of resale of the Yoto product
Eligibility for the Yoto guarantee
- The Yoto guarantee becomes effective at the date of purchase (or the date of delivery if this is later)
- Proof of delivery / purchase must be provided before any work can be carried out under the guarantee. Without proof, any work carried out may be chargeable. Please keep your purchase receipt or delivery note
- All work will be carried out by Yoto or a representative appointed by Yoto
- For product sent to Yoto or their representative for repair, any original parts that are replaced, faulty, or otherwise, become the property of Yoto. The product with repaired or replaced parts remains the property of the consumer
- The repair or replacement of your Yoto product under guarantee will not extend the period of the guarantee
- The terms of our return, repair and replacement process are covered by the Returns Process
- The guarantee provides benefits which are additional to and do not affect your statutory rights as a consumer.
- The guarantee covers domestic use of the Yoto product only
- Yoto reserves the right to replace your faulty product by sending you a refurbished one, tested and graded
- Contact us through our support page, including your order number.
- Please note that you may need a printer to print the return label that we will email to you.
- Make sure you will include the order and return numbers that will be provided to you, with your returned parcel.
- Send the parcel, packaged to avoid any damage, from a drop-off point or local Post Office, depending on arrangements agreed with us.
- Once we have received the product, and if the item is in satisfactory condition, we will replace the product or refund your original payment within 7 working days.
- If the product is returned damaged, incomplete (card packs need to be returned complete and as sold) or not in the original packaging, this may result either in a reduction to your refund to compensate for the loss in value, or your return being made available for your collection without refund.
Please note, if it is your responsibility to arrange and pay for shipping, you will need to arrange any insurance you deem appropriate, packaging and payment for the return of any goods under this policy, and you accept the responsibility of risk for any loss or damage during shipping. We recommend that you make sure you keep a copy of the shipping documents and your tracking number until your refund has been processed.
Yoto will pay for the return to you of your repaired or replaced product.
If you wish to request a refund rather than have a repair or replacement, and you purchased your Yoto product from Amazon or any other retailer, whether online or at a retail outlet, you must return them to your point of purchase. Different retailers will have different rules so please be sure to check in advance of doing so.
All Policies and Processes remain subject to change at any time. Current versions will always be available to view on the Yoto website.
Last updated 9 January 2024